Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Positive Word about Katy Perry

This probably won't ever happen again, so enjoy it while you can (oh, wonderful, I'm even unintentionally rhyming this one), but amidst Katy Perry's piggybacking off of pop punk to catapult herself into popularity as the untalented Lady Gaga, getting engaged to sex addict Russell Brand, and singing one of the most annoying songs in years ("California Gurls"), she actually did something positive...though it was probably by accident.

If you haven't figured it out by now, her new song "Peacock" is not about a bird. It's about guy parts, penis, dick, you know, cock....get it? Yes, the continued association of vulgarity with sexiness is bad, but the song actually does have one good lyric:
Are you brave enough to let me see your peacock?
What you're waiting for, it's time for you to show it off
Don't be a shy kinda guy I'll bet it's beautiful
Take that, feminist movement. I can't recall how many times I've heard over my lifetime, that the naked female form is beautiful and the naked male form is ugly, most notably in regards to genitalia. How do I know this brand of cultural bullshit has to do with the feminist movement? It was always girls who made this statement to me and that makes no sense. I always wanted to reply "Are you sure you just aren't a dyke?"

(And no, that wasn't a rejection line used when I was hitting on a girl. It always came up in serious "intellectual" discussions. Seriously, I went to Ithaca College for undergrad, what do you want from me? And you people wonder why I say I hate hippies...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Men are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

All pizza places of USA http://pizza-us.com/pennsylvania/Pittsburgh/Vocelli%20Pizza%3A%20Corporate%20Office/15220/

Find your best pizza.

Anonymous said...

Τα αναβολικά μας στεροειδές online κατάστημα έχει σχεδιαστεί για να απαντήσει όλα τα ερωτήματα σχετικά με αναβολικά στεροειδή και για γρήγορη και εύκολη την αγορά όλα τα γνωστά αναβολικά στεροειδή. online shop μας έχει περάσει μερικά χρόνια μελέτη και την έρευνα αναβολικά στεροειδή. Έχουμε προσπαθήσει να συγκεντρώσει όλες τις πληροφορίες από άλλες ιστοσελίδες, εταιρίες, ιδιώτες, τα βιβλία και την ελπίδα που καλύπτουν κάθε άγγελος των αναβολικών στεροειδών.
αγοράσετε αναβολικά στεροειδή allanabolics.com