Thursday, September 4, 2008

One of those things everyone (in my generation) should do...

I don't know if you had the same childhood experiences as me. I can't begin to try and guess what you went through. I'd be willing to be though that like me you watch the "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" game show that tested contestants on the geographical knowledge. You remember the quirky story lines of the game. You remember the giant map in the final challenge where contestants had to place flags in certain locations. But what you probably remember the most is the host yelling, "There's only one thing left to do, you know what it is." and the crowd shouting back, "Do it, Rockapella!" to cue the show's a capella group into singing the ridiculously awesome theme song.

I got to hear that song live. Not only is that statement true, but I also got to yell, "Do it, Rockapella!" after band member Scott Leonard said, "There's only one thing left to do, you know what it is." And then they did it. It was a moment of extreme happiness for me. I know it sounds weird. I'm 25 years old. It took me back to my childhood. How often do we get a chance to recapture these things?

There's only one thing left to do, you know what it is:
Shut up, you're wrong.

No comments: