Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Storm

It was expected, but unanticipated. Before it began, it was over. Perhaps what's most bothersome is that in these divided times, the decision was so decisive.

I originally intended to write this companion piece to my last post the night of or the morning after. Why did I take so long to make my way to the keyboard? I was deciding what to do.

When I make that statement, I don't when what to do with this entry. I can write whatever I want here and it doesn't make a different (most likely). I probably won't get fired. I probably won't change anyone's life. In the best case scenario, someone will be entertained. And that value is worth getting behind.

What I mean is the same question I have posed to others: Where do I go from here?

The answer is the inevitable place my GPS has been fixed on in previous years. I need to be me. And I fully mean sentiment in the Randian sense. The way to win is to be the best me possible, to pursue making my life the best in my conception of the word best. That way is the best until the system is broken that is, and it ain't broken yet.

I am Jayemel. I am Repunklican. Don't hear me roar, because that's not what Repunklicans do. We end paragraphs with references and punchlines (and reference-punchline hybrids).

(What is Repunklican? There'll be more about that definition in the future.)

No comments: