Saturday, November 24, 2007

For Taylor Twellman

Here's a little morsel that was too good for me to pass up. I quote the following from this MLSnet news article.

The New England Revolution came up empty again in pursuit of the MLS Cup. When it was over, a drained Taylor Twellman stood by his locker at RFK Stadium and acknowledged that he was empty of emotion.

"I'm not mad, I'm not sad, it's just nothing," Twellman said. "I've got nothing in me."

Four trips to the MLS Cup, four losses. It's the same fate that once belonged to the Buffalo Bills, a proud football team that lost four Super Bowls. Now, the Revolution have to brace for comparisons to those Bills.

"You guys can call me Jim Kelly for all you want," Twellman said.

Taylor, as fans of the Revolution, we too were empty following MLS Cup. Thanks for the permission to call you Jim Kelly, but I regret to inform you that I already have. Ask the fans outside of RFK after the match who were subjected to the yells of my brother and I. In order to cope, as I walked away with my heart in my throat, I loudly proclaimed the Revolution as the Bills of MLS, you as Jim Kelly, and Shalrie Joseph as Thurman Thomas. I immediately promised revenge in the Patriots-Bills matchup later that night. My brother than tried to start a 16-0 chant. Beating the Bills so badly never felt so good. I hope you and the rest of the Revs tuned in to see your stadium-mates dismantling your namesakes 56-10. You were on TV in the stands at Fenway during the playoffs, so I'm sure you must have taken the same joy from the Pats pounding the Bills that I did.

1 comment:

brett g @ oh-the-horror.com said...

You New Englanders have to lose at something, you know. I only have the luxury of pulling for an above average college football team at this point. And I guess the basketball season could be promising, too.