Friday, July 8, 2011

That I know that this seems bitter... (these are the lyrics I'm feeling)

Anywhere But Home by Handguns

"and then it all became so real
that there's no one at home waiting for me
and there's nothing that I miss at all,
it may be because of the life that I choose
but when you've got nothing,
you've got nothing to lose."

"it's the feeling of knowing that this is,
this is everything we've got."


"I won't say 'I hope your happy with him.'
I promised myself this year I would tell the truth.
I’ll pretend my heart’s not breaking.
It’s taking everything I have not to call you back.
I hope he breaks you down.
The next time you call, I won’t be around."

"It may sound mean like I’m not understanding.
I understand it all too well and I hope that you fall."

"Though I know that this seems bitter,
It's how I get through these nights without you.
I hope that this doesn’t come out wrong
but I’d do anything to make you feel on top of the world,
and I’ll still be here just like I have always been."


"I spent this year as a ghost and I'm not sure what I'm looking for
I'm a voice on a phone that you rarely answer anymore
I came in here alone
Came in here alone
But that doesn't scare me like it did seven months ago
I spent this year as a ghost and I'm not sure where home is anymore"


"I’m not a self-help book; I’m just a fucked up kid.
I had to take my own advice and I did.
Now I’m waiting for it to sink in."

"Expect me standing tall, back against the wall,
'Cause what I learned was
It’s not about forcing happiness;
It’s about not letting the sadness win."


"I can't get my footing steadied in all of this
I'm always ducking swings or looking over my shoulder
When I should be making progress"


"There comes a day when you rectify
who you are with who you want to be with
And I can’t make the two things coexist
So don’t let me cave in"


"And I'm happy here for now
Because I've been in search of some steadier footing
Or just a place to call home
I know that I'm introspective when broken
But I've been spending most of my nights here alone
And that doesn't scare me like it did a year ago"

No comments: