Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Why I don't love "I Love You, Man"

Recently, I've been surprised by the positive reception the movie "I Love You, Man" has received, more so by the public than by critics. I can understand why movie reviewers and the left wing Hollywood culture would embrace a movie that undermined masculinity by having every character appear gay (except, intentionally in misguided social commentary, the gay brother played by Andy Samberg). The following review by Kyle Smith of the New York Post captures my feelings perfectly. In fact, I may have written it without realizing:

Dead 'Man' Mocking


If you want an honest discussion of the concept of "bromance," watch "Superbad," a movie about high school best friends, the time when these issues should be put to rest, and their attempts to pursue girls.

No comments: